Lazaruk Law: Family Law Mediation Services
How Does Family Law Mediation Work?
Mediation is about working together to resolve disputes with the guidance of a mediator.
Mediation is voluntary. It is confidential. And in mediation, you make your own decisions–you control the outcomes. Michael Lazaruk has the training and experience as a mediator to help you.
As mediator, Michael will
- arrange for a neutral, safe meeting place at a time that works for all parties
- be impratial and unbiased
- explain the mediation process
- help all parties agree on the items that will be discussed during mediation
- encourage open, honest communication of issues
- help you find ways to collaboratively resolve disputes
- work with all parties to find mutually agreeable solutions
- arrange for additional mediation sessions if needed.
In addition, Michael can help you formalize mutually agreed solutions in a Memorandum of Understanding that is not legally binding, but can be used as the basis of a legal agreement or Court Order.
Find out if family law mediation is right for you. Even if you are already involved in a court process, you can talk with Michael about whether family law mediation is an alternative. Call Michael Lazaruk at 1.780.801.0607 or complete the Contact form on this page.
Lazaruk Law: Collaborative Family Law Services
In collaborative family law, each party is represented by a collaborative family lawyer for the purposes of reaching a settlement. The parties sign a contract in which they agree not to take the matter to court if the collaborative family law process is unsuccessful.
If Michael is your collaborative family lawyer, he will
- represent your interests throughout the collaboration process
- provide legal advice and legal guidance
- work towards a respectful solution for your family
- protect the well-being of your children through such means as a co-parenting arrangement
- represent your interests in the creation of a separation agreement that is tailored to meet your unique situation.
Find out if collaborative family law can help you. Call Michael Lazaruk at 1.780.801.0607 or complete the Contact form on this page.
Family Law Mediation and Collaborative Family Law Benefits
If your family is dealing with separation or divorce, family law mediation or collaborative family law can help you
- work towards solutions for parenting, communication, child support, division of property, or spousal support
- save time
- avoid a court battle
- save money.
Edmonton Family Law Mediation & Collaborative Family Law Resources
Explore these links for more resources about family law mediation and collaborative family law.